Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Exxon Mobil reportedly admits PR problem on global warming

My god, when I saw this headline I thought myself "well about time Exxon Mobil came to their senses. I'm sure this means they will pump lots of money into helping the world solve this problem". Then I saw the words "[they] would just try and explain it [their position against global warming] better".




LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) has promised investors it will soften its public image in an attempt to rid itself of a reputation as the green campaigners' public enemy number one, the Guardian reports Tuesday.

However, Chairman and Chief Executive Rex Tillerson made clear to a select group of Wall Street fund managers and analysts that the oil company wouldn't be changing its position on global warming, it would just try and explain it better, the newspaper says.

Read article.

No comments: